Powerpoint Presentation and Agency Database
- Informational PowerPoint Presentation for Practicum and Internship in CTR
A downloadable PowerPoint Presentation that introduces the student to practicum and internship in CTR.
- CTR Practicum and Internship Agency Databases
A searchable database of practicum and internship agencies.
Practicum and Internship Checklists and Manuals
- Practicum and Internship Checklists
A step-by-step checklist for students completing a practicum or internship.
- Practicum and Internship Manuals
A guide with detailed information for students completing practicum or internship.
Practicum and Internship Forms (Therapeutic Recreation students-also see
Additional Forms and Information below for additional requirements)
- Forms To Be Submitted BEFORE Beginning a Practicum or Internship
These forms are to be submitted to the CTR Dept. by students before beginning a practicum or internship.
- Practicum Mid-Term and Final Evaluation Forms
- Internship Mid-Term and Final Evaluation Forms
- Time Log Form
- Student Evaluation of Agency Form
Student Learning Outcomes and Sample Resumes
- Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
Information on student learning outcomes and downloadable samples
- Sample Resumes
- Guidelines for Application Cover Letter
Students enrolled in practicum or internship will be covered under the University’s liability insurance policy. The premium of $15 is collected along with the regular UNCG tuition. There is no paperwork that needs to be submitted to the CTR Dept. If the agency requires a copy of the policy, contact Amy Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinical Instructional Agreement
The Clinical Instructional Agreement is required for all students completing an Internship at a clinical site. This form is NOT REQUIRED for Practicum students.
Additional Forms and Information
- CTR FERPA Waiver Form
- Onboarding (drug and background tests, TB tests, etc.) is required by most of the TR internship agencies and must be completed BEFORE the intern begins her/his experience. Please consult the internship manual that your agency sent you for details regarding what specifically they require. The guide provided here in this link is for reference only – note that each agency is different and it is up to you, the student, to confirm what you specific agency requires. Note that it can take several weeks to complete all of these task. Incomplete onboarding will delay your start date.
- Licensure Information for TR Students
Additional information relating to the Therapeutic Recreation practicum or internship student.
- NC Clinical Performance Appraisal Summary And Reference Performance Form (PDF)
This form is to be submitted for the Therapeutic Recreation Internship Student Only
- Link to the site for Background Checks