Community and Therapeutic Recreation

School of Health and Human Sciences

AgreementStudents completing internships at a clinical site must obtain a signed Clinical Instructional Agreement.  This form is not needed for practicum students.

Using the Agencies Agreement

If the agency has its own Clinical Instructional Agreement (sometimes called an “Affiliation Agreement”), the student should request that the agency scan the agreement as soon as possible to Amy Chandler at   Because the agency’s agreement must be approved by the UNCG Attorney, it can take several weeks for the agreement to be finalized.
Students should seek information regarding the agreement early, so there is enough time for processing before the internship begins.

Using the UNCG Agreement

If a clinical agency does not have their own agreement, the UNCG Clinical Instructional Agreement can be used.

1. The student sends the agency the link to the UNCG Clinical Instructional Agreement with instructions to sign where required and scan to Amy Chandler at

2. Once the agency signs and scans the agreement to Amy Chandler, the agreement is complete.

If the agency has issues with parts of the agreement, they should make notations on the agreement and scan a copy to Amy Chandler at  The agreement will then be routed to the University Attorney who may or may not sign with his/her approval for the agencies notations on the agreement.  At times (but very rarely) the agency and university cannot come to terms with the agreement, and the student has to find another internship site.
For this reason, it is very important that the Instructional Agreement be dealt with early, so there will be plenty of time to find another internship if an agreement cannot be completed.